What makes Michigan Disability Law different?
Unlike many companies that have nationwide offices, we are based, live and work in West Michigan. We have physical locations in both Grand Rapids and Muskegon. For housebound clients, we often make house calls. We will meet you face to face, and are always available to set up in-office appointments. There will be one attorney handling your case from beginning to end. And we handle only a limited number of cases to ensure that each one gets sufficient attention.
Many other nationwide “disability advocate” firms have attorneys that work out of their homes and do not allow face-to-face contact prior to the hearing. Many other firms don’t even have attorneys that are located in the state of Michigan. With many of these firms, you will not talk to an attorney until within a week of your hearing. And often times, you will never see your attorney until 15-30 minutes before your hearing. You deserve better.
Whether you go with Michigan Disability Law or someone else, you are much better served with retaining a local attorney to handle your case. There are many fine attorneys in the area that handle disability cases.
To ensure that you hire a lawyer that will properly handle your West Michigan Social Security Disability case, we suggest you ask him or her the following questions:
- Do you specialize in handling social security cases, or do you handle social security, bankruptcy, landlord tenant law, etc.?
- How many social security cases have you handled in your career?
- Will I have the chance to meet you face to face prior to the hearing?
- How often will you review my case to make sure all necessary steps are being taken?
- Do you have an office in Michigan?
- How many cases do you handle at one time? (many other Social Security Disability lawyers have far too many cases to make sure that they are all done competently)
- Will we be able to prepare for the hearing in advance?
- Will my case be handled only by a paralegal or legal assistant?
- Will you appeal my case if my hearing is unsuccessful (many of the nationwide firms rarely, if ever, appeal cases for their clients).
If the answer to any of these questions is “no,” you may want to talk with another firm or lawyer.
Matthew Swartz has been recognized as a Michigan Rising Star in the areas of Social Security Disability and Personal Injury litigation. Michigan Disability Law is at the forefront of Michigan disability claims litigation and will strive to achieve continued excellent results through the handling of your case. Unlike other firms where the clients may have difficulty actually speaking with their lawyer, Mr. Swartz provides every client with their cell phone numbers and returns all calls and emails within 24 hours.
With our office located at the heart of Muskegon’s “Main Street” redevelopment project, your Social Security Disability case will be handled from start to finish by hard working, dedicated, local attorneys with years of Social Security Disability claims experience.
Please contact our office at toll-free at 866-LAW-FIRM to discuss having Michigan Disability Law handle you or your family member’s Social Security Disability Case. Or, fill out our Claim Evaluation form will contact you within a few hours.
There is never an attorney fee owed to our office unless and until you are awarded benefits, and all initial consultations are free.